Job Posting Title: MEETING PLANNER Join us to Produce PERFECT Seminars!
Specific Location: Poway Tech Center, Zip Code: 92064
ARE YOU ORGANIZED ENOUGH TO PROVIDE PERFECT RESULTS IN EVENT LOGISTICS?
Position: MEETING PLANNER
We need a cheerful, energetic, self-starter to work with our growing seminar/event planning team. Are you ready to go above and beyond to ensure that the training seminars and events that Strategic Business Communications organizes each year are PERFECT! We take great pride in assisting our clients in every step of the planning process and handling post event details.
The responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Detailed communication by e-mail and phone directly with clients and training consultants.
- Search and contact numerous hotels to ensure that we find the best hotel to hold each of our many training events around the United States. Ensure meetings are implemented according to multiple timelines.
- Review and negotiate contracts including hotels, transportation, A/V, and vendors.
- Monitor event financials, including projected expenses, as the primary owner to reconcile the event budget.
- Obtain and arrange venue’s F&B/AV costs in a seminar budget spreadsheet.
- Assist our meeting planning team in reviewing every detail of contracts and BEOs to ensure that all of our client’s needs are met.
- Coordinating special events, reviewing invoices and correspondence with vendors.
- Create and maintain organized files for each event that documents all details.
- Create numerous detailed event reports for post meetings.
- Reporting directly to the Account Manager will be part of the daily responsibilities.
- Facilitate and manage vehicle delivery tour logistics.
- Work within our client LMS system to create and maintain event details.
- Occasionally travel to manage logistics on-site, including event production, staffing and quality control.
- Work together with our outstanding team.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Have excellent computer, writing, listening, and telephone skills.
- Strong computer skills in all Microsoft Office applications, Internet research, and ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- Strong work ethic.
- A Bachelor’s BS/BA degree is preferred.
- All candidates must successfully pass a thorough background investigation and drug test.
- Some travel (may be up to 40%) will be required.
- Ability to lift 50lbs for events
Hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at our office in Poway, CA (92064). Overtime is needed on occasion. Pay is $18 – $20 per hour depending on qualifications and experience. We offer full time employees paid time off, medical coverage, long-term disability insurance, 401K, mobile phone allowance, and profit sharing.
If you want to grow with us……To arrange for an interview, please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.