How to Properly Develop a Strategic Plan
Besides the strategic idea, here’s an efficient planning process to think about:
- What are the consequences of achieving or not achieving your idea?
- What does your organization really stand for? Who will benefit from this idea?
- What is your vision for the future?
- What are the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats against your idea?
- What kind of obstacles might you run into?
As part of your strategic plan, we recommend you properly measure the results as a means to ensure things are moving forward.
The four areas we have every business look at when considering what to measure are:
- Financial Results
- Sales Activity Results
- Inventory/Supply Management
- Marketing ROI
After reviewing these areas, you will have developed your own performance dashboard to measure the key elements of your organization’s performance. The next step is to lay down some actions with delegation and time commitments to make sure you have a program to get started.
Our strategic plan will work for any type of organization from big businesses to philanthropic organizations. If you are interested in creating a strategic plan, please contact our President, Jaime Hernandez.
SBC would love to talk with you about the great resources available to help your business grow.